ICWE2021 – PhD Symposium
The ICWE 2021 PhD Symposium aims to improve the research of PhD students and broaden their perspectives by giving them the opportunity to share and develop their research ideas in a supportive environment, get feedback from senior members of the Web engineering community, improve their communication skills, exchange ideas, and build relationships with other international Web engineering PhD students.
This event will bring together PhD students working on topics related to the Web Engineering field. The goal is to provide a forum for PhD students to present ongoing research in a collaborative environment and share ideas with other young researchers in an international atmosphere.
Accepted contributions will be presented in a dedicated conference session where participants will discuss their research ideas and results, and receive constructive feedback from an audience consisting of their peers as well as more senior experts in the field. In addition to that, students will be invited to participate at the poster sessions so that they also receive comments of other participants in the conference.
PhD students carrying out research in Web Engineering are invited to submit a paper to the PhD Symposium, to be reviewed by the program committee members. We particularly encourage submissions from students who are at the last stages of their doctoral work, but with sufficient time prior to completing their dissertation, and from those who are in the beginning stages, but have a specific research proposal, who can obtain valuable feedback about their research plans.
The criteria used for accepting a paper include potential quality of the research, contribution of the work to the field of Web Engineering, originality of the work, and overall quality of paper.
All PhD Symposium papers will appear in the main conference proceedings that will be published in Springer LNCS.
Length: Submissions must not be longer than 6 (six) pages.
Format: Submissions should be formatted according to the Springer LNCS guidelines and must include:
- Authors’ names (Ph.D. student needs to be the first author);
- A 150 words abstract;
- The name of the student’s PhD supervisor(s);
- The problem(s) that the proposed research is going to solve and the motivation for solving them;
- related work: current approaches to solve this problem;
- The aims and objectives of the proposed research;
- The research methodology to be used to achieve the research goals, including a brief description of the work done to date and a tentative plan for future work;
- The main contribution(s) of the research to Web Engineering.
If accepted, the authors will need to provide Word/Latex sources following the standard Springer LNCS format for the camera-ready.
Authors should submit their contributions to the ICWE 2021 submission site at EasyChair (indicating the type of submission):
Important Dates (23h59 Hawaii Time)
- Submission deadline: 20 February 2021
- Conference: 18-21 May 2021
- Notification of acceptance: 25 February 2021
- Camera-ready deadline: 27 February 2021
PhD Symposium Co-Chairs
Cinzia Cappiello, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Gustavo Rossi, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina